Why Occupation Safety & Health Association (WSHA) ?
In a country like Sri Lanka where the focus of Occupational Health & Safety is low and lack of quality educational/professional qualifications in the field is not commonly available, professionals need to come up with their own criteria to establish those standards.
Current challenges in the OSH field in Sri Lanka include.
- Lack of enforcement of legislation
- Inadequacy of monitoring and enforcements by law
- H&S role by incompetent individuals
- Absence of clear Job description for the role of H&S professional
- No standards for H&S education and available curriculums
- Inadequate recognition given to H&S professionals / Regulating the profession
- No platform for H&S professionals to make their voice heard
In order to find a long standing and sustainable solution to the above challenges, the Workplace Safety & Health Association (WSHA) has been established by a team of qualified and competent Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) professionals in private sector organizations to act as the representative body for OSH professionals in Sri Lanka in collaboration with international organizations. WSHA will drive the agenda based on the ethical framework and objectives defined below in order to make a difference to peoples' lives and take OSH to the next level in Sri Lanka.
Contact : WSHA at email@example.com
Call : 0772222798
"Become the voice of OSH professionals in Sri Lanka"
Designed by : DTSWorks | 0776551389